Thursday, February 18, 2010

More Rocky Point Photos




These are the ones that mysteriously disappeared from my desktop, but suddenly reappeared when I tried to recopy them. The cool ocean scene is the inside of a beachside restaurant called Gamma's. We went there on a recommendation of a local selling fresh fish out of coolers down by the shrimp trawlers. Did I mention that fresh caught shrimp here is $5 a pound and fresh flounder is $4 a pound? We are eating as much of it as we can. Gamma's specialty (we found out after we had ordered our fish tacos) is a whole fried fish--generally flounder or grouper) that they bring to the table with tortillas and all the trimmings so you can make your own fish tacos. We were going to go back and try it but ran out of time. We'll keep it in mind for another trip. I have a couple of photos of the shrimp trawlers, but the internet is slow here, so I'll add them later.

No comments: