Thursday, February 18, 2010

Still San Felippe





Today is Thursday. We leave here tomorrow and it's going to be hard. This place has really grown on me. The weather has gotten warmer each day. Janice and I go on a long beach walk every morning when the tide is out. We've found lots of wonderful shells, some of which are inhabited by hermit crabs. The sea is much warmer than I had expected, and yesterday I couldn't resist going for a swim. It was wonderful! Ellie was not happy about it, however, and kept swimming out to "rescue" me. She takes her herding job very seriously, and when I'd send her back to shore, she would station herself close to the water and give me the border collie eye, as if to will me back to dry land where she thought I belonged. Tex prefers watching the action from under his favorite palapa; he leaves it only to chase away marauding gulls or come in for his dinner.

No comments: